Monday 7 May 2007

Day 13 on CD

Fed up today. Fed up with the diet, fed up with feeling cold all the time. Working nights this week and I seem to struggle more since being on the foodpacks. I know I've always found the early hours is when I feel really cold, but its worse since I've not had real food. I'm fed up with moaning about being fed up!!

Stupid thing is, I don't actually want real food, I just miss it more when I am on nights. Maybe its because I know I have to stay awake whereas if I was at home I could just go to bed and get over any hunger, or phsycological hunger (Chris, I think you are right with that theory). I made up a strawberry foodpack when I got into work and worked out it was 15 hours since the last pack, yet I didn't feel hungry in between. I'll have another pack later and then that will be my 3 for the day, which is fine and do-able. I did find that on LL having 4 was hard work when it felt like there wasn't enough time to eat them all.

I suppose it is just boredom really. After the initial excitement of starting the diet, having the weight come off quickly now it just feels like I am plodding on with it and no real end in sight. I know I am doing well and hopefully when I get weighed tomorrow I will have gone past the 2.5 stone mark; clothes are looser and some of the things I am wearing now are smaller sizes, so again its a positive thing. I'm just so flipping bored of it all.

Maybe since changing to CD I don't have the focus of the 100 days like I did on LL. I was counting down the days until the first 100 was up but with CD I don't have that goal. If I was still on Foundation, the end of my 100 days would have been 30th June, which is just over 7 weeks away. I'd like to think that I could set myself a goal of having lost 4 stone by then, but thats another 22 lbs and an average of just over 3lb per week, so maybe not achievable.



5 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry to read you've had a couple of bad days with the diet, hope the grumpy feelings pass soon.

You've done so well. My CD diet went right out of the window this past week and I'm back on day one, it's not easy as I thought it was going to be.

Steph x

chrismars said...

Oh, Wendy, I'm sorry you're still feeling so down. I must say it is a different kettle of fish doing CD. On LL you have the weekly sessions to look forward to as well. I found CD rather a lonely voyage of discovery (well it wasn't a discovery voyage really because you don't actually learn anything about yourself on CD as you do on LL). On CD, though, I relied more and more on these blogs for support and I've taken on board everything mrs and Lesley relay about the LL sessions; and you can always follow along with the green book.

That psychological hunger is actually harder to quell than physical hunger. If you're physically hungry it's easy to sort out, but hunger almost just for the sake of it is another matter altogether. I've never done shift work but my husband has done in the past and my sister does sometimes as well and they both say how much longer a night shift seems than a day. Our bodies aren't supposed to be awake at night - we're not natural nocturnal creatures so that isn't going to help matters much - and no wonder you feel cold during the times your body thinks it should be sleeping.

I hope you soon feel able to cope better - and do keep keeping on with CD Wendy. It will not be forever and you'll be glad you did when you're wowwing all those lads on the beach (or wherever). I just wish I could still be on the packs.

Best wishes, my dear.

Chris xx (((hugs)))

Melanie said...

Hello,

Sorry to hear you've reached a bit of a low. I've not done LL before but I'm aware of this 100 day foundation thing being quite a bit focal point of the diet.

Not knowing the exact details of LL I'm not sure but couldn't you still set yourself your own 100 day target, you said that date is 30th June, so maybe you could still keep that in mind as a target to aim for?

I'm starting Cambridge Diet myself as of tomorrow if my appointment goes well tonight. I know blogging isn't the same as groups like on LL, but you're not alone, there's always people on here to share the downs and ups of dieting with.

Hope you feel brighter soon...

Mel x

Lesley said...

Hi Wendy - sorry to hear you're feeling grumpy and pissed off!!

((((((((big hug)))))))))

It has happened to us all so we can all relate. You'll come through the other side and suddenly feel sunny again and think - Yay, I made it though a grumpy patch and didn't stuff my face!! So, although you're grumpy now (and we all have a right to be sometimes) there is a silver lining and that is that you are beating your chosen food vice by turning your back on it. Well done!!

When I have been feeling low and demotivated, I've tried setting mini targets/rewards. Big targets seemed like too much hard work, but little, short targets over a few days or weeks with a definite reward at the end seemed easier to palate. Might be an idea for you?

The feeling cold thing is another thing you need to sort. You need to drink more hot drinks to warm up your core and if possible get out and exercise. Even a 20 brisk walk will warm you and also raise you spirits (could be a mini target for you??).

I found some lovely fragrant teas which I make in a posh brew cup for one so it is a ritual of sorts. I know you're meant to drink masses of cold water all day but, if you're struggling with the cold and feeling down, bugger that. Warm yourself up, try a small break in the routine with a new drink or soemthing and you'll soon cheer up.

I have every faith in you Wendy 'cos you've done so brilliantly well. Come June 30th (the day I get back from Canada) you'll have lost near as dammit 4 stone and how good will that feel???

Lesley xx

Tim said...

I know we've worked together since your last post and you're not feeling so grumpy (believe fellow readers she's not so grumpy !!) but like I keep telling you, you are doing brilliantly. Your weight loss is showing and - posh frock or not - by the end of what would have been your 100 days you will WANT to go out and get the clothes that show it. You will get there girl! By the way I tather like the sound of Lesley's suggestion - like 'exercise!'. Yeah yeah I know - nag nag nag. You might be grateful one day though.