Thursday 17 May 2007

Day 23 on CD

Worked Tuesday and Wednesday so didn't get time to blog. Have been drinking loads and loads of water, so keeping focused!

Today has been a very exciting day. I went with a friend to the kennels where some of the homeless Lab Rescue dogs stay while we wait for them to find new homes. I took Poppy along with me to meet a little Lab girl who has been in the kennels for a few months with no home offers. The plan was to see if Poppy was happy with her and if so, I would foster her. I would also like to proudly point out that while Tracy had a bacon bap from the services, I drank my chocolate tetra pak!

The info we had was that she was originally a breeding bitch and then passed on to a couple who ended up keeping her in the garden. So, for the last couple of years, she had been living out in the garden but because she barked a lot, they gave her up to us.

I'm hoping we can overcome the barking with a bit more routine in her life and of course the company of Poppy and Bumpy when I'm not here. I'll start off leaving her for short periods to try and get her used to being left and see how we go. So far she is being very sweet and loves everyone and everything. We've been to the vets to get her registered and as she was a bit pongy from being in kennels, she has had a bath. After her exciting day, she's worn out now and fast asleep in Bumpy's bed (he's on Poppy's bed).

So, here she is. Please meet Molly






3 comments:

chrismars said...

She's beautiful. How can someone not want her. I'm not a doggy person really. We have two cats and I wouldn't know how to look after a dog, but I'm sure if I had one as lovely as Molly I wouldn't want to get rid of her.

Maybe you can answer a question for me? My next-door neighbour has 2 border collies. As soon as Kyp (the elder of the 2) goes into the garden she starts jumping up and down and barking at the tree at the end of the garden. Can't work out why. She's done it for so long now it's a habit. Any ideas why or how to stop her?

Chris x

. said...

Aww Molly looks gorgeous :)

What a lovely pressie off your parents - that is so thoughtful.

Cath

Melanie said...

Awww...she's so sweet. I'd love a dog but it'd be unfair with us working all day long.

Don't get me wrong, I love my cat Rooney (I didn't pick the name), but having always grown up in a household with dogs, I'm still very much a doggy person.

We used to have a lhasa-apso terrier cross from when I was about ten and she died a few years back.

How anyone could not want Molly I don't know.

I bet she's loving it with your other dogs.

Mel x