Monday 21 May 2007

Day 27 on CD

Still sticking with CD but still bored with it! I think I need to try and regain my focus so this week I'm going to make extra effort to catch up with everyone's blogs.

It's strange as I don't really notice any of the loss in myself yet other people have. After we went to collect Molly on Thursday Tracy posted some pics on The Refuge, including some of me (eeeek!!) and loads of people commented on how well I was looking. Its lovely, of course, but apart from tightening my belt an extra 5 notches since I started, I don't feel any different.

Yesterday I took the dogs and went down to south Wiltshire to see my friend Helen. She adopted a gorgeous Black Lab boy from us a few weeks ago and 'officially' I was doing her post adoption check, but it was also a chance to catch up. Helen lives in a tiny little village in a chocolate box cottage with her hubby and 4 dogs, 3 cats and free range chickens and guinea fowl. I'd completely forgotten about the chooks but thankfully Molly wasn't at all interested. Poppy and Helen's Chocolate Lab, Bert, have a bit of a luuurve thing going on so he was very impressed with me arriving with another choccie girl for him to schmooze. All of Helen's dogs are fab and they welcomed my lot straight in and played around in the garden.

When offered, I was very good and declined a cheese scone but just had a coffee. Helen's hubby was cooking bacon to make a sandwich but thankfully I wasn't the slightest bit tempted - mainly because he forgot about it being in the frying pan and was busy planting up the vegetable beds until Helen screamed at him that there was smoke billowing out of the house! I went in to use to loo and the whole cottage was full of thick smoke. Any worries I'd had about the tempting smell of cooking bacon wafting out were replaced with the stink of burnt frying pan. Probably just as well.

We took the dogs off out to a place called Wardour Castle and had a really good walk. All the dogs got on so well and did plenty of running about and some swimming. Helen's elderly and somewhat eccentric Bull Terrier, Cassie, kind of fell in the water and looked rather surprised but fortunately Helen pulled her out before she had the chance to swim or float out too far. Poppy stayed at the cottage with Helen's husband as she wouldn't have managed the walk but Bumpy and Molly had a good run.

I had been organised and taken a tetra pak of chocolate milkshake with me so drank that on the way home. It was a really lovely day as the weather was good, and the company lovely as always.

I will be getting weighed tomorrow and have tried to drink as much water as possible. I really, really want to make up for last week's gain and get to the 3 stone mark before my birthday in a couple of weeks. Must stay with the water/wee/water/wee routine!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

It sounds like a lovely day and well done on resisting the food. It's nice isn;t it when a temptation melts away. i find that if someone puts vinegar on chips! I hate it so the lovely smell of the chips is totally neutralised.

Keep having fun and try and put the boredom factor out of your mind. It's not going to be forever - just a step along the way - head down, keep trudging and soon enough you'll regain your zest for the diet.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

The opposite for me - I love loads of vinegar on chips...and loads of salt (why do you always loke things that are bad for you?

Keep going, Wendy.

Chris x

. said...

Focus Focus Focus - you're doing great so make sure you stay focused and you'll stay right on track.

I'm the same as you in that I don't really see a difference in myself - I know I've lost weight as clothes are a few sizes smaller etc but I couldn't 'see' it. Anyway I took the photos off the camera memory stick and put them on my pc (and blog) and now I've seen them next to each other I can see a difference - and it's great!

Had to laugh at the bacon butty incident - least it took away any longing thoughts you might have had so that's a good thing.

Cath
x