Tuesday 1 May 2007

Day 7 on CD

I have no idea where the last few days have gone, so if anyone know's, please tell me!

Can't believe its been a whole week on CD already!!! Had my weigh in this morning and have lost another 4lbs, so the total is now 34, which I am really pleased with. Stupidly I thought that if I kept up with 4lbs a week then by my birthday (in six weeks) I could have lost 4 stone. Never mind, any loss is still a loss and I shouldn't try and expect the same each week.

Today is a good day, not only because of the loss but mainly because it is Poppy's 3rd Gotcha Day. (A gotcha day is the day you celebrate when you don't know your pet's birthday). Officially, its also her 10th birthday but thats a guess rather than definite! She has been much brighter the last few days, mostly I suspect due to me cooking 3 course meals each day for her, but this morning she was most perky. After I came back from CD meeting we went for a little stroll - only to the green at the end of my road, but it was a little achievement for Pops never the less. This pic was taken while she stopped for a rest.






I'm pleased to report that my mum has been in touch with a CDC near her and she will be visiting tomorrow. Luckily she has found a CDC who does home visits. As she is on prescribed medication she will need to see the doctor so I suggested rather than wait until they come back from holiday to get things started now so she can start when she gets back. I'm ever so pleased as I know that like me, she would make out she was happy as she was, but really she wasn't.


Once again I must apologise for my useless attempts to keep up with everyone's blogs. What with Poppy and work and other stuff going on, I'm a bit all over the place, but I hope you are all doing well out there in Blog Land.

5 comments:

Mrs said...

Well done, Wendy on your progress. And what a picture Pops looks. So glad she is thriving.

Good luck.

Mrs Lard (www.thelardarms.typepad.com)
(and chocolate lab owner)

Wendy said...

Thank you mrs!

I will seek out your blog a bit later (at work tonight)

Wendy x

Lesley said...

Great to hear that you're doing so well on CD and great to see Poppy looking so happy too - a bit tired maybe but a happy doggie nonetheless.

Keep it up Wendy and don't worry too much about targets etc - you'll get there when you get there and it won't be long.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

Many happy returns to Poppy for yesterday (or whenever!) and congratulations to you on your 4lb loss. I'm glad you're finding CD OK, Wendy.

have a good day

Chris x

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy keep smiling with your and Pops progress :-)