Friday 27 April 2007

Day 52 (3 on CD)

I think I got a bit muddled somewhere with my day numbering as when I posted yesterday, it was actually the early hours of this morning, so this is technically day 52. I think.

Anyway, I am very pleased to have tried the tetra carton of Chocolate Velvet - it's good! Very smooth and chocolatey, so I will definitely be getting lots more on Tuesday.

Tim has told me off for nibbling cheese, so I'd like to add that it was just a couple of tiny, weeny, miniscule pieces. And I won't do it again. I have told him that out of everybody who know's I am doing this, he is the one who nags me the most. Bless him, I know its done with the best intention. I shall just have to do less out loud thinking and then he won't have to nag me.

Last night shift this week and then not back in until next Thursday. On Monday I am taking my mum shopping as she wants to get some bits for her holiday to Barbados in 2 weeks time. She is very excited and has said that once she is home again, she's going to contact her local CDC and see if she will do home visits, so fingers crossed. I think seeing how well I have done has motivated her, plus of course the difference in cost between LL and CD. She likes a broader range of flavours than me so should be fine on the foodpacks, and as I suggested, can still sit at the table with Dad when he eats and have soup.

In a strange way I am looking forward to work next week as it will be a fortnight since I wore my new work trousers, so I'm hoping they are a little looser. Small things keep me going!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm not surprised your Mum's excited about Barbados - I'd be freaking out!! It's nice to think that you've inspired her though isn't it because even small weight losses in older people can make all the difference between keeping active and aging more rapidly. Well done.

D is refraining from nagging but I could see it on the tip of his tongue a couple of time when I had my bad week a while back. Luckily I seem to have curtailed that so he has no scope for it. You're right, tiny nibbles won't harm but it is the threat of escalation and also the mental side that you have to watch out for - you don't need the nibble and when you're back to food the nible might become more worrisome.

Take care.

Lesley x

. said...

Good on Tim for nagging - it's only cos he cares otherwise he'd just let you nibble and then let your nibbles turn into occasional pickings.

Ooh Barbados - sounds heavenly, wish it was me going. Hope that your mum does get sorted with CD when she gets back, be good for her and she can see how well the diets have done for you.

Cath
x

chrismars said...

I've felt like that when I haven't worked for a week or so (I don't normally work during school breaks) and then when I put my uniform on I can really tell the differnce. Feels good, doesn't it?

Oh, let Tim nag. He's keeping you on the ball.

Hope you did well on the shopping trip today. And yes, I envy your Mum too.

Chris x

Claire Elliott said...

Hi

Just catching up on your blog... I'm thinking of considering CD in the next few weeks so have found your blogs invaluable!! Love the photographs.. Chris and I went to Barbados a couple of years ago, it was the best holiday of my life.. I'm sooo jealous. Tell her to have a rum for me!!

Hope everything goes well,

Claire :o)