Monday 2 April 2007

Day 26

Had a good day today. My car was booked in for a service (I'd kept putting it off so it was long overdue) and while it was in the garage, I'd arranged to take my mum to the Great Western Outlet Village in Swindon. So, dropped the car off and collected the loan car and went to my parents house. As I'd left the house at 8.30am I'd not had a foodpack so took my whisk and a raspberry pack with me and had my breakfast there.

After I'd 'eaten' we headed off for the shops. Mum was looking for some new sandals to take on holiday although she didn't know what she wanted until she found them! We were both cheered up when we went into the Radley shop and she was very lovely and bought me a new Radley handbag as an early birthday present. She spotted a bag for herself for her holidays, so that was both of us happy.

Eventually mum found exactly what she was looking for and now has a very comfy looking pair of leather sandals and as we were getting closer to Starbucks, we went in for a coffee. I was very good as I'd taken a Lemon foodbar with me so while mum ate her cinnamon swirl and drank her latter, I ate my foodbar and drank the bottle of water I bought. I even managed not to dribble as the couple at the next table ate their cheese and ham pannini's, which is a snack I love! But I behaved myself and didn't give in to temptation and after I was pleased with myself.

To finish off our shopping mum got me a very good extra birthday present - an electric steamer!! I'd said that I planned to get one when I go into Management so obviously won't be needing it yet, but she's going to save it for me and wrap it up for my birthday. It was too good a bargain to miss and its great to know I'll have it when I need it. Who would have thought I'd get excited over a steamer?!

All in all we had a good morning out. It was good to think that in a few months I will be able to buy clothes in the Outlet Village. Oh, and before I forget, if anyone who reads this blog has an outlet place near them with a Jaeger shop - their sizes are generous! We walked through on our way out and spotted the £10 or under rail and mum found a pair of trousers in a size 18 but they looked quite roomy. When she tried them on they fitted well and she was most pleased as she's usually a 20!

Got my car back in the afternoon after coming home for a bit. Poppy needed her tablets and Bumpy wanted a walk and I wanted to admire my new bag. And send a photo of it to Mindy!

Off to the doctors in the morning for my BP check and then hairdressers in the afternoon.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Busy busy day, but well done for not being tempted :)

. said...

What a lovely day, sounds like you both had a gorgeous time.

Got a complaint though about todays blog ------ not enough information there about yours and mums Radley bags. Which ones did you get? Size? Colour? The photo going on here would be a good thing. I love them and have bought a few - in fact I'll admit it here first that when I had my car crash the other day, after I went to my meeting I went and bought myself one as a consolation ... though if I'm totally honest I would have bought it anyway as I'd been eyeing it for weeks (mines a dark red one 'Sherwood'.

I've never been in Jaeger - in fact the last time I went to my nearest Outlet Village (Cheshire Oaks) there was really only one shop I could buy clothes from so am really looking forward to going when I'm slim..... though hubby probably won't be :)

Hope you have a good day today - sounds like it's going to be a busy one .... and good luck with your bp and the hairdressers! (I really want mine cutting but can't stand going to the hairdressers arghhh).

Cath
x

Wendy said...

Doh!!! Cath, I've just realised which Cath you are - Katie_Oxo type Cath! Lol.

Just for you, I'll add a photo of my lovely new bag.

Wendy x

chrismars said...

Great day! And you managed Starbucks - I've deliberately avoided the place, which has upset Mum as we always popped in there when we went shopping to the big Tesco. She's getting withdrawal symptoms.

I must be a complete uninitiated but I don't actually know what a radley bag is...sorry!

The time will come when you'll be able to easily shop in any outlet shop you like at the Village. So save the pennies!

Chris x