Friday 27 April 2007

Day 50 (Day 2 on CD)

If I was still on LL, this would be half way through Foundation, but its not! CD is ok so far. Surprisingly, I actually quite like the Toffee & Walnut drink. Still drinking my water but as I'm working nights, have slowed down a little or I will be up all day needing to wee.

Tonight I am working with Katrina, which is great as she did very well on LL so its nice to be a diet bore for the night. Its also encouraging to see that she has hardly put any weight on since going back to normal food. I'm having one of those nights where I find myself thinking of food a lot, but I must keep on resisting.

It is hard, especially when I'm cooking all sorts of things for Poppy, but apart from the odd nibble of cheese, I have been sticking to the foodpacks. Something that did perk me up was comparing my progress from my original LL book and the CD joining sheet. Apparently, my waist is 7 inches less than it was at the start!!! I am actually dead chuffed with that, as I know I feel like I've lost, and of course the scales tell me its over 2 stone, but inches is something new.

Had some good Poppy news earlier. I stopped at the vets on the way to work to collect more tablets and get the results from Wednesday's blood tests. Much to my surprise, and the vets too, the bloods were all relatively normal, which for a dog as poorly as Pops, is very good news. Her urea (sp) level was up which is most likely due to her being dehydrated, so the tablets are being changed around slightly to try and find the right balance. As the vet said, we need Pops to get rid of the fluid, but not to the point where she becomes dehydrated again. Potassium levels were ok, as were electrolytes, so I'm quite relieved that the results were better than expected.

I have been slack again at keeping up with everyone's blogs, but did sneak a peak at Lesley's yesterday and wanted to say congratulations at getting to the end of Foundation with such a fantastic loss so far.

4 comments:

chrismars said...

Hi Wendy, I hadn't been on to the blogs for a few days either and have just caught up so have only just read yours now.

I'm glad Poppy has rallied round. She's a real fighter!

I said you had more choice with the Cambridge packs, didn't I? Surprisingly, I quite liked the toffee and walnut too. Wasn't a flavour I was actually looking forward to. The vegetable soup is quite nice - it has a few tiny chopped veggies in it, so it actually begins to look a liitle like the real thing. And the bars are a lot nicer than the LL ones.

CD did used to make the LL packs, you're right. But they don't any longer.

It's amazing with the waist measurement being done, I lost isn't it. I lost 11/2ins the first week I was on CD and then 1in the 2nd. Absolutely brilliant.

Good luck with your new regime.

Chris x

Lesley said...

HI there. Thanks for the mention on your blog. I feel like I'm walking on air so it's nice to be famous too!!

I'm glad CD suits you so far and I'm sure that you're going ot be really sucessful. 7 inches of the waist is a great amount - none of your skirts or trousers would stay up now!!

Keep it up and Go Poppy!!

Lesley x

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy glad CD is working for you I believe their flavours are quite nice, Glad Poppy is doing well good news all around xx

. said...

Wow 7" and 2 stone gone - that's excellent. You must be so happy with how it's all going (and going it is).

That toffee and walnut sounds lovely to me, I love walnuts mmmm

Glad to hear that Poppy is still fighting fit, she's doing really well.

Cath
x