Tuesday 17 April 2007

Day 40 & 41

Didn't get round to updating yesterday, what with being at work and rushing around when I got home.

Having a bit of a strange day. I was emailing one of the girls from the LL group and told her that I'm going to be leaving. I explained about the cost, the times not always fitting in around work etc and she asked if I was going to go along tomorrow, which I said I would. She said why didn't I use up the foodpacks I have, and add sensible meals where necessary, and just start CD next week and save myself £66. This has really got me thinking. I've not had all 4 packs each day so I have loads left at home, although not enough for a week.

However, I am going to Mindy's this weekend and I had already decided I would eat healthily. Mindy has requested grilled fish or chicken and salad etc, so all very good. I'm going to see the CDC on Tuesday morning, so in theory, only need packs for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and then breakfast and lunch on the weekend. So, I'm currently deliberating with myself as to whether to go tomorrow or not bother. I don't want to stop altogether, but I'm thinking that if I have enough packs, whats the point in going and paying out another £66 to get another week's worth, when I'm not going to need them? Also, as far as my weight, the scales with the CDC could be way out compared to the LLC, so its not necessarily going to be a true reflection of any loss.

Having said all that, the idea of actually buying food and eating food, if necessary, is really quite scary. For nearly 6 weeks, food has not come into my daily routine so having to make decisions about what to eat feels really odd. Its almost scary!

I'm really all over the place thinking about this so maybe the best thing would be for me to go home, see how many packs I have left and then decide.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, so being realistic having to buy food is going to come around soon - use this as a test to see how far you have come - you could maybe replace the main meal with a pack or replace your breakfast, however you decide keeping it small simple and healthy you will be fine. In my opinion I would say go for it save the money you know in your own mind what you have to do to achieve results... keep smiling it will all come right in the end xx

Wendy said...

Thank you! I can't believe I've been arguing with my conscience for most of the day!

W xx

chrismars said...

Hi Wendy. As you know, I've been there and I've done it - change to CD, that is. I had the same argument with myself when I changed, i.e. to eat or not to eat in the gap between the 2. I was lucky in that I managed to string out my LL packs until I went to CD.

What I would be worried about with eating is getting out of ketosis and having to go through the 'agonies' of getting back in again. I know it's hard because this is what happened when I had the flu in March. It seemed harder to get back in the second time round.

As I have now given up both LL and CD of course I am eating. BUT. I am still in ketosis (I know this because I've checked the ketostix and I'm not feeling any real hunger pains. I'm doing this by only eating protein (meat, fish, poultry, eggs) and adding a light salad or veggies. No dairy, potatoes, pasta, rice, or'naughty' food.

On CD there is an AAM week (Add A Meal) which you have to do every 4 weeks and where you still have your 3 packs but add this meal as well. You have to do this as you don't see a doctor and therfore can't continue longterm without proper food. The AAM is not really a meal in the real sense but maybe if as you are not having all your packs you may have enough left to string them out along with an AAM.

Examples of food in AAM week are:

Choose one protein from:
100g cottage cheese (reduced fat), 50g of chicken/turkey breast (without skin),80g cod/haddock/other white fish, 80g quorn, 60g soft tofu/120g firm tofu

Choose from veggies (about 2 tablespoons):
green salad leaves (rocket,lambs lettuce, watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romaine lettuces); celery, cucumber or red radishes; courgettes or marrow; broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage, even pickled; spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops, asparagus, fennel and celeriac; chineseleafy greens such as pak ghoi of Chinese cabbage.

microwave/steam/poach in water. salads raw. use fat free dressing. no addded fat, salt, but can add herbs or little stock.

I hope this helps make your mind up.

Chris x

Lesley said...

Wait though - didn't you pay for a week in advance when you first joined? I know I did. if so, then you wouldn't have to pay for this week's supply and would have half a week's LL pack for spare or for when you're on maintenance or something.

Just a thought.

Good luck in your venture onto the Dark Side!!

Lesley x

Wendy said...

Thank you for the info Chris!

I checked my foodpacks last night and have enough to keep me going until next Tuesday, so won't need to buy any food. Apart from arguing with myself, and having Tim here at work telling me to not have food, I've eventually come to the conclusion its not the right thing for me now.

I will eat at the weekend, but it will be 1 small meal each day, with foodpacks for breakfast and lunch.

I bought a new pair of work trousers yesterday and I don't want them to get any tighter!!

Lesley, I didn't pay in advance, so don't have to worry about that, but thanks anyway.