Saturday 14 April 2007

Day 38

I've made a big decision today. I'm giving up LL and going to change over to Cambridge Diet. The main reason is the cost, I've got some things going on at the moment so with CD being £33 a week compared to LL at £66, I have to switch.

I've not spoken to my LLC yet but will tell her when I go on Wednesday. I spoke to the local CDC this afternoon who was lovely, and just down the road from me. She's flexible with times etc so that will make life easier with my shift work. I've also been struggling with having 4 foodpacks per day and after chatting with Steph Kittycat on msn, was pleased to find that its only 3 packs per day on CD. I think that will suit me better. Steph is getting on great with it so that takes away any worries I had about changing.

I haven't had any problems with the LL programme, and clearly its working for me, but I don't want to give up VLCD's completely as it does seem to be the only way I can lose weight.

When I was on the phone to the CDC I explained that I wanted to tell the LLC myself, and also have a chance to say goodbye to the girls in the group and wish them luck, as they are all lovely and I will miss them. The plan is that I will get the week's foodpacks I have ordered on Wednesday and use them and then go to see the CDC on Tuesday 24th and start CD once I've used up all the LL packs.

I'm going to have a mini-break from VLCD's at the weekend when I go and stay with Mindy. Her husband, Paul, is a very good cook so she's going to request some healthy meals like grilled tuna with salad and grilled chicken with steamed veg etc, so I will take my foodpacks for breakfast and lunch, but join them for a healthy dinner. I decided that I wanted to enjoy my weekend but didn't want to be rude and not sit and eat with them, so as Paul will cook something nice, I will enjoy it. As Mindy said, I'll probably find that I can't actually eat much anyway, so I don't think its going to do me any harm.

I'm not going to change blog though, as I still see this as my journey to a lighter life!

I waited in today as Poppy's new bed was due to arrive, but it didn't. I was going to go to Bath to meet up with some of the ladies from the minimins forum, but had to stay here, so cut the grass and pottered about in the garden instead.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying this beautiful weather.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean regarding the cost, I need to stay with LL as I want the counseling - caught betwix and between I am worried that if I switch I will miss something and then put the whole lot back on. Best of luck with the CD diet, I will be watching your blog for updates.

Lesley said...

I'm sure you'll do fine but keep up with the thinking about why you eat etc and really concentrate at the danger time near your target weight.

Have a great weekend and I hope your LLC is not too upset to lose you.

Lesley x

. said...

Wendy I can understand why you want to change and from reading the CD section of minimins I would say you should have no worries at all. The losses that the people get on CD are the same as on LL - stick with your green book though and follow through the exercises over the weeks as that will ensure you still work through the 'why' you eat.

Best of luck

Cath
x

Steph said...

Good luck Wendy, you'll find the switch over really easy I'm sure.

Good idea about having a break at the weekend as long as you stick to small portions and keep it low carb you may not even knock yourself out of ketosis.

Have a fab weekend say hi to Mindy from me.

Steph x

chrismars said...

Wendy, you shouldn't have any problems with the switch over to CD. I didn't at all (if you ignore the eyes - but that was to do with my intolerance of the packs, nothing to do with the actual diet, as you know).

The choice of soups, shakes and bars is a little wider than LL. The banana shake is to die for, IMO. And the bars can almost pass for real chocolate bars (not quite, but when you haven't had chocolate for ages......)

I'm sure your LLC won't be too surprised about your decision to move based on cost, from what I've read on minimins most of those who've moved over have done so for exactly the same reason.

I agree with Cath, keep going along with your Green Book - I do still, even though I left LL on 28th Feb. I did miss the sessions at first but this blog goes more than a long way to filling the gap.

I hope you had a lovely time with Mindy and Paul and enjoyed your healthy meal.

Chris x