Tuesday 10 April 2007

Day 34

Wow, thank you all for the comments about Poppy - its very kind of you all to take the trouble to post.
I'm very pleased to report that Pops is back home and considerably slimmer than yesterday.


Here's what she was like last week:





And this was taken this morning:


Quite a difference 5 litres makes!! To be honest, I was quite shocked just how skinny Poppy had got, but then she's not been eating properly, so while she had all the fluid it didn't show. I'm just so happy to have her home with me again, and she's not struggling to breath, can lie down comfortably and manage the stairs on her own. We'll go for a walk on the hill tomorrow, which she will hopefully enjoy.
Ok, so back to LL matters. Very, very happy to find that I can get on a pair of jeans that I'd hardly worn as they were always a bit tight. They're a size smaller and put them on this evening to find they are loose!!! How good is that? I don't care how much I lose when I get weighed tomorrow as I've got proof at last that I'm losing inches.
Apart from feeling knackered after not sleeping much today, I'm pleased to report that this is turning into a very good day. Apart from Poppy coming home and getting into these jeans, the fab big bed that Poppy no longer likes will be leaving my house tomorrow and going to its new owner. A lady on the rescue forum offered to buy it, so with a donation to LRSE&C the bed is all packed up ready to be collected by Parcelforce in the morning. I'm still waiting for Poppy's next new bed to arrive and very glad that she's back home now so will be able to make use of it.
I hope everyone out in LL blog land is having a good week.



3 comments:

Lesley said...

Go skinny Pops!! I'm not sure it's a diet I would like to be honest, I think I'll stick with LL!

Keep it up and take care.

Lesley x

. said...

Poppy looks so much slimmer - you wouldn't believe that that was the difference in her in 1 week, no wonder she was feeling so bad.

Well done on the baggy jeans - great feeling that :)

Cath
x

chrismars said...

You 'sound' so much happier, Wendy - ab fab news about Pops. I'm SO glad.

Good news all round with the jeans. Yippee!

I've found the inches showing more than weight at times which is great 'cos everyone can see the inches disappearing, and we don't walk around with a set of bathroom scales strapped to our backs, do we?

Congrats, on all fronts.

Chris x