Wednesday 25 April 2007

Day 49 (day 1 on CD)

Haven't had time to update until now.

Had a great weekend with Mindy and yes, I did eat, but it was mostly all good, healthy food. Mindy's new house is great and it was brilliant to finally see it.

Yesterday I went and saw the CDC for the first time and she was lovely. I was weighed, and considering I'd not been on the scales since the week before last at the LL session, the scales said I was 2lbs less, so that was good. I'm now in the 15's (although in the top bit!).

I have my foodpacks for the coming week and there was much more choice of flavours. Apparently CD make the foodpacks for LL, so there are some similarities - the CD Butterscotch tastes just like the LL caramel, which is a shame, as I wasn't that keen on it. Not to worry, I have plenty more to choose from and also the tetra packs.

Poppy has been worrying me a lot over the last few days as she had gone off her food at the end of last week and wasn't tempted by much at all. I came to the conclusion that the loss of appetite started once she was on the new diuretics, but the vet thinks it could be a coincidence. So, she went in this morning for bloods to be taken and tests as apparently lack of potassium can affect appetite and cause dehydration & lethargy. I'll get the results tomorrow. For the last couple of days, in an effort to get her to eat, I've been cooking up all sorts of things but the favourite seems to be grilled steak, scrambled egggs and cheese. Not an ideal diet, but at least all high in protein which is what she needs.

I have to admit that on Monday night, seeing her laying shiverring, I really did worry that she had had enough, and even accepted that when we went to the vets on Tuesday he might say we had run out of options, but thankfully yesterday she did perk up after eating the steak. Today she has been much brighter, eating 3 grilled steak fillets, one lot of scrambled eggs, 3 thick bits of cheese and some slices of ham. Seeing her bright eyed and waggy tailed tells me she hasn't had enough just yet and I'll keep doing everything I can.

No comments: