Thursday 12 April 2007

Day 36

Still happy after yesterday's weigh-in. It's amazing how a good nights sleep and find out you've lost 2 stone can do to cheer yourself up!!

Poppy went to the vets this morning for a checkup after the fluid drain. The bad news is her heart rate has gone up, now 200 (was 150 last month) but the good news is that the vet is happy to continue doing the drains, even if she gets to need them weekly. He prescribed another type of diuretic, one that apparently isn't often prescribed, but as he said, we don't have anything to lose. Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock so will order some in and let me know when they are ready for me to collect. We discussed the next drain and left it that I would see how much fluid comes back and phone next week, with a view to doing the drain on Friday. That would be good as next weekend we're off to London to stay with Mindy so if Poppy can be more comfortable then she can enjoy the weekend too.

Went to see the Two Allans this afternoon as I'd not seen them for a few weeks. They didn't notice any difference in me (*insert grumpy face*) but then again they are blokes, and blokes don't notice much, do they? Also, as Tim pointed out to me before, while I am still wearing the same clothes, its not so obvious. The main thing is that I know I have lost pounds and inches, so thats all that counts.

I'm eagerly awaiting an update from Sarah, aka Angelica Maybe, as its her second weigh-in tonight. Naughty Sarah has been weighing herself each day and doesn't think she's lost much, but hopefully the scales will at the LL session will tell a different story. I did say, however, that everyone is so different with the rate they lose weight, after having such a good start in week 1 (13lbs) she may find she has one week with a big loss followed by a smaller loss and so on.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah - I've been naughty and weighed the whole way through - but I have learned to take my scales with a pinch of salt and not get either complacent or upset at the results. The LL scales are the ones that count - promise!!

Glad to her that Pppy has the support of your vet.

Keep on keeping on.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

2 stone in 5 weeks - a great achievement, Wendy. Many congrats!

Poor old Pops. It's a pity she doesn't realise the amount of support her and her'Mum' have got from everyone here. I'm sure she'd cheer up no end. Give her a big hug from me.

Don't be too hard on Sarah. I've weighed myself most of the way through as well. You can't help it when you see the change happening so fast.

Chris x

. said...

I also weigh myself every morning - can't not do but it's the class one that I use as a definite.

Hope that Poppy feels better when she gets the new tablets and that they do a good job.

Re the people noticing - well to be honest as you say they were men so we shouldn't expect too much. Nobody had noticed on me till a few days ago but now people keep asking me in work if I've lost weight - though again that's only the women, the men haven't.

Cath
x