Tuesday 3 April 2007

Day 27, pt 2

After this morning's handbag post, I'm pleased to report that normal Blog service has been resumed.


I had my blood pressure check this morning. Everything was good and my BP has lowered a little, which is great. Nursey Lisa was lovely and said she's really pleased with my progress and that I even looked happier, so thats good feedback.

Reading posts on minimins and seeing how other's are being charged for their BP checks and don't always seem to get much support from their surgery, I really do feel lucky to have such great support from Lisa. She's not a skinny chick herself and said she can relate to how I've felt, so thats good.

Had my hair appointment this afternoon so I am now a lighter shade of blonde, thanks to fresh highlights and I've had more layers cut into my hair. Despite being 2 weeks overdue for my cut, I was good and managed to refrain from hacking at my fringe with the kitchen scissors, so its nice to be able to see properly again!

Talking on the phone to Sarah today and I was very relieved to hear that she's getting on better now after feeling so rough the first few days. I know how much better I am feeling and I was really, really wanting Sarah to stick with it and get over the crappy phase. Seems the discovery of turning a vanilla foodpack and some St Clements flavouring into a cheesecake smoothie will be her saviour!

Something else that occurred to me yesterday was that since starting LL, I'm not snacking (obviously!). I used to snack a lot and didn't have set meal routines but I'm hoping that by having the foodpacks I will get out of the habit of snacking. I plan what packs to have, like today, knowing I would be leaving the house around lunchtime, I doubled up a raspberry and had that at about 10am, knowing that I wouldn't be hungry until I got home at about 4.30pm and planned to have a soup. I had my hot chocolate at about 9pm and thats me done for the day. I know its ages away until Management and beyond, but I'm pleased with how my thought patterns are changing and rather than missing food, I'm making positive, conscious plans for the part food will play in my life.

Weigh-in tomorrow and I'm excited. Mad really as stepping on scales would usually fill me with dread!

Hope everyone out in Blog land is having a good week.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That's one of the first things I noticed - that I was looking forward to going back to eating -but not to stuff my face - to eat nice small healthy meals, made from good ingredients and cooked interestingly! There's a really good diary of Maintenance in this month's LL magazine which covered that very topic. Very uplifting!

Keep it up nd we'll be there in no time.

Lesley x

Steph said...

What a positive post Wendy. Sounds like the diet is really coming together for you and it's great that you are thinking so positively about the future.

Well done and good luck tonight.

Steph x