Thursday 22 March 2007

Day 15

Thank you all for the lovely messages, especially wishing Poppy well - its very kind of you to think of us.

Poppy is doing well today after yesterdays trip to the vets. When we got there she had to be weighed and her usual weight is between 29kg and 30kg. She weighed in at 37kg which is al the fluid she was carrying. The vet rang me before I could pick her up and said he'd managed to drain over 4 litres which was really good as the last time, a month ago, it was only 1 litres. He said that for her to be roughly 8kg's overweight, it would be all the fluid. Its more than likely that she will fill up again and I need to watch for side effects like swollen feet, but we've got an appointment for Tuesday for her to have a checkup.

When I picked her up at lunchtime, she looked so much different already and was much livelier in herself. She's always pleased to see me but this time she had a spring in her step and was wagging her tail non stop. I'm sure she must have felt better not having those four litres to carry around!

I know that being realistic she isn't going to get any better and we can only try and keep her going, but I'm hoping that when she does fill up again she can have regular drains to ease the fluid and we can maybe have a few more months. She got stuck in Bumpy's bed the other day and I had to tip her out so I found a huge new bed for her online yesterday and its being delivered today, so hopefully she will feel more comfortable knowing she can't get stuck if she has a roll around.

Ok, so back to this diet. As I was out to the vets and with Bumpy yesterday morning I didn't have my first foodpack until nearly 1pm, although I didn't really feel hungry. I did actually struggle to have all 4 and ended up taking one of the bars to have in the meeting and then a chocolate when I got home. I was glad that I had planned my packs for the coming week as it made it much easier to fill in my order form knowing that I would have a bit more variety.

Our LLC said that our group was now closed as we had had a few new ladies join over the last couple of weeks. The new ladies seem nice although there's a couple that I've not really spoken to. After reading about the fitness instructor in the DVD on Minimins, I giggled most of the way through that bit of the DVD we watched last night. I'm such a grown up sometimes. Not.

I still don't feel much different after losing one stone, but I did find yesterday that I could get my jeans off without undoing them - useful, huh?! While we were sitting there last night I was fiddling with my hands and twisting my ring, which had always been tight, and it just slipped off! A pleasant surprise but I'd never thought my hands were fat so I think I'd rather be losing fat elsewhere.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Well done on the weight loss Wendy, a whole stone in two weeks, that's amazing.

I'm really glad to hear that Pops is feeling better.

chrismars said...

Congrats on the weightloss. It's so motivating when it comes off so quickly, isn't it?. And I'm glad to hear the vet was able to help Poppy. I hope you manage to have many more months with her.

I've had the same experience with my jeans. I don't think I'll be able to wear them for much longer. I haven't needed to undo them for ages. The same with my rings. My wedding ring will need altering soon and I won't wear it without my engagement ring in case it were to fall off.

What's the story about the fitness 'guru' on the DVDs. I go onto minimins but haven't picked up on any gossip about heim. Come on, Wendy, spill all....

Waiting in anticipation, Chris xx

Lesley said...

Yeah, spill e that weirdo in the DVD!

It's great feeling slimmer isn't it? Think about it, you'll have to have slimmer paws to go with your slimmer body - would look silly otherwise!