Friday 23 March 2007

Day 16




Friday already! Poppy seems to be feeling much better, which is brilliant. She's more lively, has her appetite back and has been out on the hill for some walks. We did a homecheck today so she came out for the ride in the car although Bumpy was homechecking assistant today. It's his 2nd Gotcha Day - can't believe its a whole 2 years he has been here. He is oblivious of course as his whole world revolves around food, sleep, walks, cuddles and chewing a Nylabone when the mood takes him.
So, back to dieting matters. I sleem to have slowed down on the water intake, which is not good and I need to step it up. I've also found I've not felt hungry enough to eat all the foodpacks but I'm forcing myself as I know I need the intake of vitamins and minerals. Weird though, to think that a few weeks ago I could quite happily stuff my face full of all sorts of crap!.
I've decided that I'm going to tell my mum about LL tomorrow. I love my mum to bits and we have a very good relationship, but for some reason I never tell her some things that are really important or private. I suppose deep down I've not told her yet as I worry that she will think its dangerous or I will fail and let myself down. I'm sure she know's that I am unhappy as I am but she doesn't want to add to my despair by talking about it. I want my mum to be happy for me that I'm taking control of this part of my life which makes me so unhappy. I don't think she truly know's how unhappy being overweight makes me, as its never something I have talked about.
I don't really know why I decided now that I would tell my mum, maybe its because I feel that now I'm in my third week and have started off so well, its almost like I needed to convince myself that I could do this before I told her. Now I really do feel I am going to succeed. I think that when I started I wanted to succeed but 100 days or more seemed like a long way to go, but now I am used to not eating, and of course havfing lost a stone so far, its finally sunk in that I can do this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy

Its a funny old thing I am my Mummys baby!! a big one but still her baby, and I know just what you mean about you can luv them to bits but some stuff you dont tell them for fear of upsetting them or not getting their approval. I have not told my Mum and to be honest I think she is worrying more now because I am not eating the sweets off her table or taking her cakes when I visit. I want it to be my challenge and my choice then I will tell her a bit later, it is still my first week I weigh in tomorrow.

Keep smiling and Pops looks happy xx

Lesley said...

I think you do know - it's because you know you're going to do it this time. You're confident that nothing will jolt you off course so you want to share the good news with your ma. If she's anything like my father you'll have a top fan - Dad is so pleased with every lb I lose and I realise that he knew all along how unhappy I was about my weight just didn't say, as you said about your mum, for fear of making it worse!

They're great sometimes.

Well done and keep it up. Pat Poppy and Bumpy for me!