Saturday 24 March 2007

Day 17

Went and saw my mum today. I told her all about LL and to start with, as expected, she was worried as she thought 500cals a day isn't enough, but once I had explained about the programme, the counselling, the regular check-ups at the doctor she was a lot happier. She said she was pleased for me as she's always felt my being overweight has held me back a bit in life. I know she will be wanting to know how I get on and its good to know she's supportive. She even said she thought I was brave cutting food out completely, bless her.

Otherwise, a quiet Saturday. Took my car to the garage to get it booked in for a service the week after next. Haven't had it done for ages so it will be in there for a few hours, plus new timing belt which according the the big book of timing belts will take about 3 hours! So, have booked a loan car and as the garage is close to my parents, my mum and I are going to go to the outlet village.

Something I am looking forward to is shopping at the outlet village once I've lost weight. Whenever I've been there, I've never bought anything to wear apart from a few tops in Gap, so it will be great to get some bargains once I take a smaller size. Mum could relate to that as she's gained weight herself over the years. Although she's taller than me at 5' 7" (I inherited the short genes from my dad) she still wants to lose weight. We looked at the LL website while I was with my mum but there's not a counsellor near to her unfortunately. My dad works shifts and mum doesn't drive anymore so she would be reliant on him to take her, but I said maybe look again in a few months and see whether there are any new counsellors or wait until my dad cuts down his hours and they can be more flexible on days etc.

I was going to pain the fence but its a bit blowy here today so I've postponed. I got one of those whizzy sprayer things and as much as I'd like to play about with it, its too windy. I shall do houseworky things instead and maybe cuddle up on the sofa with Pops and read my book. I like days like today when I can do what I want!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I didn't tell my parents about LL for a couple of weeks either - not for any particular reason but i think I wanted it to sink in before I braved all the questions. They have been incredibly supportive. My Dad rings every Thursday night to see how I did and asks all the rigth questions, it's a great help when they'e onside.

Just a thought re your mum, have youthought about the Cambridge Diet? There are a lot more Counsellors on that one so there might be one local to your Mum and because they don't do groups, they can be more flexible about times so your dad could drive etc. Also, I think the meetings aren't as long so he wouldn't be waiting around. Just a thought.

Lesley x

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Hi Wendy,

sorry not been around for a while.

Glad to hear it went well with your mum and poppy is better. I still havent't braved my family!

Well done for keeping going

Sam xx

Anonymous said...

Good on you for keeping things up & avoiding the crisp but keep up the water!
Big hugs re poppy...hope that the vet manages to keep her going as long as possible. We love them so much it's heartbreaking when they're ill isnt it?
(In search of me)