Thursday 29 March 2007

Day 22

Not much to report today really, seeing as I've been asleep during the day. Well, apart from getting up as I needed the loo.

I had a raspberry shake in the morning while I was still at work and had another foodpack when I got here at about 7pm so to make sure I have all 4 I'm doubling up a hot chocolate. Haven't felt like having a soup so can see myself ending up having just 2 flavours each day. Never mind.

Poppy is plodding along still although I think she's getting a little swollen again. Will have to keep a close eye on her in case I need to bring forward the drain, but in herself she's still happy and waggy. She's so pleased to see me when I get home its just lovely. I've been giving her each lot of tablets wrapped in a slice of thin ham as I often struggle to get them down her (she has 5 tablets in the morning, 2 at lunchtime and another 4 in the evening) but as soon as I get the ham out of the fridge she's in the doorway, eyes lit up and so excited. I'm resisting the urge to eat the ham but did lick a slice last week, just to remind myself what it tasted like!

In June there is a works thing on in central London at a really posh venue where we'll be having a garden party. Tim said I'll have to find a posh frock if I go. To be honest, posh frock shopping is rather alien to me so I have no idea whether I will go, but its on the 15th and the end of my 100 days of Foundation is the 30th, so in theory I could be a lot slimmer. It's weird as the idea of going out to buy a dress almost terrifies me - I've never been a very girly girl and I'm usually in jeans and baggy tops or jumpers. Maybe as I get further through this it will seem less scary and I might get a little excited about dressing like a girl for a change, who knows.





5 comments:

Steph said...

Glad to hear Pops is still waggy and happy.

I bet by June you will want to go to the works do and you'll enjoy buying all the new clothes. Plus you'll have to go so that everyone can see the new you!!

You have done so well Wendy.

Steph x

Angelica Maybe said...

I'm please Poppy is doing ok.

I think we should go frock shopping together! I love frock shopping, you will too :-)

Sarahx

Wendy said...

Frock shopping? Pah!

;o)

chrismars said...

I don't know if you've mentioned it, Wendy, but what do you do for a living? I'm intrigued because you work odd shifts.

I wonder if your garden party is at the same venue my husband goes to from work. He works in Central London and they go to a posh venue each year for a garden party. Of course you have to buy a new dress. What an excuse! And if you have the offer of someone to go with who loves clothes shopping (Sarah) take her up on her offer. I've already got my sister to agree to go with me when I start buying.

Have a good weekend, Wendy.

Chris x

Wendy said...

Thanks Chris!

The posh do is at the Honourable Artillery Gardens in the City. I think I will go shopping with Sarah and find myself something nice!

Hope you have a good weekend too.

Wendy x