Saturday 31 March 2007

Day 24

Another quiet day. Came home from work in the morning but had to go to the vets to collect more tablets for Poppy so had to wait until they opened at 9am. Went to bed at about 9.30 and didn't bother setting the alarm, just thought I'd sleep until I woke up but didn't get up until nearly 4pm. Will no doubt not want to sleep later.

Feeling a bit fed up today. I'm trying to stay positive that this is nearly one quarter of the way through the first 100 days, but I'm just missing food. Period is due so thats probably not helping but I keep thinking of nice things I would have had, even though I know they are what made me fat. I have just made a hot chocolate and doubled up as I'd only had 2 foodpacks so far, but couldn't help thinking I would much rather have had a Chinese takeaway! Must keep on reminding myself that in a few months I can and being slimmer is better for me now than having the food I want.

It's turned out really windy here this afternoon so we had a rather blustery walk on the hill. Was nice though, to get some fresh air and the dogs enjoyed it.

Had to just come back and edit as I remembered some nice news. Poppy came runner up in a Valentines competition for the Oldies Club which is a charity that helps rehome more mature dogs. She gets a lovely new tag and her choice of biscuits from http://www.dixiedog.co.uk/products.html. They make fab homemade dog bisctuis with all natural ingredients.

5 comments:

Mrs said...

I found TOTM the hardest; I was genuinely much more hungry than other LL days and it was an effort to get through. The fact you're doing nights will also make a massive difference.

I've found being tired is the absolute worst for me - I find I am more resentful, more likely to weaken and generally not in a good state of mind.

You're doing so well; just let the cravings wash over you. Although I am amazed to write this, they pass.

Well done to Poppy for her competion.

Mrs Lard xxxx (The Lard Arms)

Angelica Maybe said...

I imagine TOTM is pretty tough. Its tough on a good month when you can deal with it through enhancing your mood with food.

Maybe it will get better, and maybe periods will get less painful/lighter with an improved diet. Thatswhat my doctor told me once, but I never listened!

Chin up, and just focus on a spa weekend or a shopping spree. We could even go to London for a shopping spree once we've lost the weight.

Have a great day today

Sarahxx

Anonymous said...

Aww big hugs! Yes it will be worth it but this diet is soooo hard! Just focus on getting through each day - works for me! That way before yu know it you're a week ahead you didnt notice! Cant believe I made it to day 11!! Didnt think I'd make day 3 & bet you didnt when you started?!! Those doggy biccies look yummy! How sad is that!! Hang in there girl & remember to take things gently...only getting 50 cals a day means you gotta slow down to accomodate eating your own body fat! Its exhausting & if you overdo it, on top of TOTM, you will get low so look after you as well as the hounds! Have you got any treats planned for you?

Anonymous said...

oops 500 cals not 50!!

. said...

Well done to Poppy on her win - how cute is that.

Think it's gonna be totm for me this week and I found yesterday to be the hardest day so far ... just didn't quite feel right -- hopefully thought that'll be all the suffering over with.

Just read your whole blog and your weight losses so far are brilliant - well done.

Cath