Friday 2 March 2007

Getting prepared


Sarah and I had a fab day today. I had what is probably my last Starbucks latte for several months (I'm a bit of a Starbucks addict). We did some shopping and I now have a lovely, shiney new electric hand blender so I can mix my soups and shakes properly and not have any nasty lumps. I also got 2 little electric whisks, small enough to keep one in my bag so if I'm out somewhere and need to mix a foodpack I can, and the other one will stay in my drawer at work.


I had a lovely long chat on the phone with my best friend Mindy just now and its so encouraging that she is supporting me completely. We've only known each other about 3 years but she said that in that time she's noticed my weight gain. She was too polite to tell me, bless her! Mindy is like my guardian angel and looks out for me all the time. Our common love is our dogs, all Labradors - we have 2 each. We're going on holiday in October and I'm excited to think that I will be thinner and have so much more energy to go out and about and do stuff. Even walking and talking will be great!


One of the main concepts of LL is the counselling sessions and support, but having good friends who will support me day to day is going to be invaluable. Sarah is thinking of doing LL herself and I hope she does. Maybe if I get off to a good start it will motivate her, and it was strange saying goodbye to her this evening knowing that when I see her next I will have lost weight.


I only see Mindy every couple of months as she lives in London, but as I probably won't see her until the end of April, by then I would have done about 6 weeks of LL, so I might have lost a stone and a half by then (LL average loss is a stone a month). Not sure it will show, but hopefully it will.


No comments: