Monday 12 March 2007

Day 5

Feeling really pleased still after last nights weigh-in and finding I had lost 8lb. I pee'd on the wee stick and I'm in ketosis, which is also great news. Apparently I must make sure I'm drinking enough water as the the pink bit was a dark pink which is heading towards dehydration, yet I'm drinking on average 5 litres a day.

Its weird as I've had times when I've felt hungry and my tummy has been rumbling, but I haven't had any thoughts of cheating or eating anything else at all. I suppose that I know that being on a diet means there are times when I'll be hungry and its been the same in the past. Once my stomach shrinks and gets used to not having much food, I'm sure it will settle down. I still keep feeling achey and cold, but again I am sure it will pass once my body is completely over the carbs withdrawal. I hope so, anyway!

This week we can have our bars to eat, which will be nice to have something to actually chew on. I had a go at making the chocolate muffin last night but it was vile. I think I'll stick to drinking it but maybe try it cold.

One thought that struck me was that although 8lb's in 4 days is a fantastic loss, I just don't feel any different. I guess it will be a while before I do, but I'm looking forward to when I feel like I've lost weight rather than just going by the scales.

2 comments:

chrismars said...

Hello Wendy, I saw your post on my blog (thanks for the nice comments) so thought I would check yours out and have just read through from the beginning. You sounded just like me - I was so obsessive about LL in the 'waiting period'. The physical feelings you are having at the moment are normal. Your body is getting used to a new regime and give yourself another week and you will definitely 'feel' the weightloss - and everyone will begin noticing.

I'm actually in the same position as you even though I have followed the programme for the last month. As you know from reading my blog, I had to stop for a while, but I have restarted this morning and am back dashing to the loo every 20 mins again. I also feel rather peckish. But, and it's a big but, I know these feelings will diminish with time and providing I can now cope with the lactose intolerance I have been 'plagued' with previously I shall hang on in there.

Good luck to us all!!

Chris

SoonBeSlim... It's True! said...

Keep it up Wendy, people will soon notice!

I must admit I expected to see where the weight had gone. It would of been helpful for the Ibs to perhaps sit in the corner om my kitchen, near the fridge as a warning for any future wobbly moments!

Get Drinking

Sam